Hi everyone, I am after a favour from you all and offering a favour in return. I set my blog up in the early months of 2012 and I’m in the process of cleaning it up a bit, sorting out the links, etc. and I thought I would ask for a bit of help.
I find it really interesting visiting so many different sites so I always try and add them to my blog roll. I may not have the time to go into all of them in-depth or visit them regularly but it’s great to see what people are up to, or to go to specialist company sites to learn and develop my skills. I have a focus on art and literature of course, with a particular interest in indie sites but it’s easy to lose track of so many different strands of information, so that’s why I have always kept the links, some naturally stop being updated, especially review sites and individual’s blogs, which is why I am trying to clean my links up more often. However, this weekend I am spending some time on it so…
Art & Literature
(General links to interesting sites)
Writing & Social Media Tools
(Sites that can help both professionals and independents to develop)
(Specific websites run for/by an author, professional or indie)
(Specific websites on the subject of indie writing/publishing)
(Blogs that aren’t for an actual author, rather a genre or news site, etc.)
(Websites and blogs that are book review sites, any genre, professional and indie)
(Specific websites that showcase free ebooks listings)
2. I am happy to have guest posts on my blog as long as they are literature related, authors, editors, technical, marketing, social media, etc.
1. I think it is about time to have a personlised/tailored background image rather than one of the templates that Blogger provides. I have a few ideas but it would be great to hear from anyone who has any suggestions; perhaps you have seen some really great ones on your blog-travels and could recommend something?
2. Just general feedback on the look and feel of both the site and the posts, except the background image of course ;) because I am sticking with Blogger, I’m not going to switch to Wordpress, etc. but it would be nice to have any feedback you feel like giving. I’m all ears J
For any of those points leave a comment on this blog or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have much more free time this year and I am focusing (most of) my efforts on writing so hope to be blogging more regularly and with more attached media, so any advice would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks everyone, have a great weekend!
P.S: Please join me on all my social media pages:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Robert.G.Rankine
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/thinkingplainly
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+RGRankine
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rgrankine
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/rgrankine
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/people/thinkingplainly/
- YouTube 1: https://www.youtube.com/thinkingplainly (Personal Channel)
- YouTube 2: https://www.youtube.com/thinkingplainlyltd (Company Channel)
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/thinkingplainly/
- Foursquare: https://foursquare.com/thinkingplainly
And Author Profile Pages to keep informed of the latest releases:
- Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/IqRZK (Click 'Add to Favourites’ under profile photo)
- Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1CIEjaf (Click 'Add to Favourites’ under profile photo)
- Nook: http://amzn.to/1CIEjaf
- Google: http://bit.ly/1yyMhQx
- Scribd: http://bit.ly/1xVQlLh
- Apple: Author page not available yet - search R.G Rankine
- Kobo: Author page not available yet - search R.G Rankine