Thursday 16 January 2014

First swim in the sea


Well, I’ve finally done it…on the 5th morning! I was determined to swim in the sea as part of my daily routine here but it’s easier said than done. As much as I’ve ignored this over the last couple of years, having a healthy lifestyle is important in being mentally active, at least for me. It’s all part of trying to get a good daily routine going. I can’t write all day long, it’s impossible, I can’t even write for more than a couple of hours straight right now. I tend to have focus for a while, then it fades, so a coffee or a walk is needed. At the beginning of last year, I used to be able to sit down and concentrate for four hours before needing a break, but that was when I only had time in the evenings or weekends so perhaps I felt obliged to use the time, as there wasn’t a choice. Now of course, I have no pressure other than what I put on myself, but that’s pretty scary actually, it’s very easy to beat yourself up. I know I need a routine, and before I came out I drew up a few draft ‘day plans’ but they were far too idealistic and I won’t embarrass myself here by telling you what I put, however, I do need to break my day up into different sections, I think I will blog about this properly later. For now, I’ll leave you with what a semi-in-shock-Rob looks like early in the morning.




RGR
www.thinkingplainly.com


P.S: Please join me on all my social media pages:
And Author Profile Pages to keep informed of the latest releases: